Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mommy Break

Daddy took Nate to his Nana and Pop pops until Tuesday. Believe it or not, this is the first time in over 2 years that I have been home alone without that lil guy. Although I miss him, without a doubt, it was really nice to sit at home with absolute quiet and do whatever I wanted to do last night. Now, it may not sound glamorous to most, but I scrubbed my kitchen floors, cleaned the house, and reorganized my office... without ANY interruptions. It was amazing! Granted, I've called him 3 times in the last 24 hours, just to hear his sweet lil voice and to hear him say "Hi mommy", the greatest sound in the world! I woke up this morning and just stayed in bed for an extra 20 minutes and leisurely got up to start my day. That may not sound like much to a lot of people, but I know all the mommies out there can relate. I miss you Nate but thank Nana and Pop pop for the mommy break! I am counting the minutes until Tuesday but I am doing so in a clean, quiet house!

1 comment:

The 5 of Us said...

That sounds like a nice break to me. Did you see that you got tagged??? You have to tell us 10 things about Nate. Have fun with it. What is that like to have clean house for more than a couple of hours??