Saturday, June 28, 2008

"My pee pee broke!"

So, I don't know about other moms but I made the decision long ago that I was not going to slay the potty training dragon until Nate was good and ready! Yeah, there's a lot of pressure out there, you hear things like lil Mikey was potty trained at 2 and lil Clarissa was at 18 months but I refuse(d) to succumb just for the bragging rights. Honestly, it's just not worth the energy. So, we have had the lil potty seat sitting out by the big one for several months, just so Nate could get used to it. Hadn't showed much interest at all until yesterday. It was a big day in the Munoz household! He wanted to go pee pee so I took off his diaper and he went... once he saw the excitement that a lil pee pee produced, and the 2 mini marshmallows he received, he decided to go poo poo. In fact, he pinched that puppy off 7 times so that he could keep getting marshmallows (tmi?). That kid is too smart for his own good! Anyway, he wanted to go this morning too but wasn't able to go. I know this because he came into the family room and informed me that his "pee pee broke"! Fortunately, everything is fine and it isn't broke... Nate was very relieved! We also transitioned to the big boy room/bed and he did awesome. I was all prepared for the Supernanny up/down/out of bed/in bed/one more sip/hug/kiss marathon but he just went to bed like normal. It's been a big couple of days! I've always heard how lil boys love their mommies. Well, I got a taste of that today at Chili's. We were eating lunch, like usual, when he reached up, put his arm around me and proclaimed that I was "his sweetheart and he loved me". My life is now complete!

1 comment:

The 5 of Us said...

WOW!!! That is a lot in a short time period. How fun for you. I love that he thought his pee pee broke. The things boys worry about at such an early age. I can't wait to hear what else is going to happen in the next few weeks!!!!

love you guys