Saturday, June 7, 2008

Santa Barbara with Lauren and "Syssa" (a.k.a. Alyssa)

Nate and I went on an overnight trip to Santa Barbara with Lauren and Alyssa. What a fabulous time we had! Our trip started with a visit to the Santa Barbara Zoo where we saw flamingos, fed a giraffe, and counted lots of turtles! Nate is still talking about the giraffe's "sticky tongue". After the zoo we went swimming at our hotel (the Mar Monte), in the pool which we could see from our ocean view room. Day 2 started with breakfast at a great cafe, a ride down the bike path along the beach in our "Suri", playing at a nearby park and the beach, and ended with a lil shopping spree at the Camarillo outlets. It was a spontaneous trip but I can't imagine being able to plan a better one. Lauren and I joked about how the bar has been set pretty high for any future trips... but I'm willing to give it another try anyway

1 comment:

The 5 of Us said...

You got your pictures up!!!! I love it. Now you or should I say Nate can be tagged by us!!!!